Reverse mortgage loans are a popular financing option in Atascadero, California, allowing senior homeowners to tap into their home’s equity.
The most popular type of reverse mortgage is the FHA-insured Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) loan. Unless noted otherwise, we’re referring to HECMs when discussing reverse mortgages.
How Does a Reverse Mortgage Loan Work?
Reverse mortgage loans allow homeowners 62+ to access a portion of the equity in their home without having to make monthly mortgage payments, so long as the borrower takes care of property charges, like insurance, taxes and upkeep.
Reverse mortgages are a great option for seniors in Atascadero, California, who want to stay in their homes, but also want additional cash flow. The funds from a reverse mortgage can be used for any purpose, including home improvements, medical expenses or having more fun in retirement.
Reverse mortgages are available to homeowners age 62 and older who own their home outright or have a low mortgage balance that can be paid off at closing with proceeds from the reverse mortgage loan.
Reverse Mortgage Loan Benefits
People get reverse mortgages for many reasons, including:
Reverse Mortgage Eligibility in Atascadero, California
About Atascadero, California
Atascadero is a charming city in San Luis Obispo County, California, known for its beautiful parks, wineries and historical landmarks. It has a small-town feel with a tight-knit community that welcomes visitors with open arms. Explore the beautiful Charles Paddock Zoo, home to over 100 animals, or stroll through the Sunken Gardens, a picturesque park with a reflecting pool, fountains and a bandstand.
Atascadero is also home to numerous wineries that offer wine tastings and tours. The downtown area is a hub of activity, with numerous shops, restaurants and cafes catering to a variety of tastes. Overall, Atascadero is a wonderful destination and a great place to live in retirement.
Fun Facts about Atascadero, CA
- It was founded by E.G. Lewis in 1913 as a utopian colony to create a self-sufficient, planned community
- Atascadero is home to the Charles Paddock Zoo, which houses over 100 animals from around the world
- It’s known for its hot springs and mineral baths, which were once a popular destination for Hollywood celebrities
- The city is home to the historic City Hall building, which was built in 1918 and is now a museum showcasing Atascadero’s history
- It’s located near several popular wine regions, including Paso Robles and Edna Valley
- Atascadero is home to the Faces of Freedom Veterans Memorial, which honors the sacrifices of military veterans from all branches of service
- The city hosts several annual events, including the Tamale Festival, the Lakeside Wine Festival and the Colony Days celebration
- Atascadero has a Mediterranean climate with mild winters and warm summers
It’s located near several popular outdoor recreation areas, including Morro Bay State Park and the Los Padres National Forest
Interested in a Reverse Mortgage in Atascadero?
Fill out this form and we’ll get back to you ASAP!
*There are some circumstances that will cause the loan to mature and the balance to become due and payable. Borrower is still responsible for paying property taxes and insurance and maintaining the home. Credit subject to age, property and some limited debt qualifications. Program rates, fees, terms and conditions are not available in all states and subject to change. **This advertisement does not constitute tax or financial advice. Please consult a tax and/or financial advisor regarding your specific situation.